tisdag, juni 14, 2005

Talking about trends

Blogging is maybe one of the few positive trends nowadays. It allows anyone to express themselves, write about any possible subject and share thoughts with a potentially huge community of strangers. Sometimes it's exciting just to read random blogs and luckily find something that might be insightful, entertaining... Something that catches one's attention enough to become a regular reader of that particular blog. This thinking-reading-writing trend gives me a little bit of hope specially when I find interesting blogs written by teenagers.

Just take a look for instance at all those "Jackass" clones out there in the streets. Not only teenagers, but also a bunch of older guys (and some girls too!) who seem to have the mission of raising the stupidity bar to the top and beyond. I'm a bit worried about what's next for this world where being a complete idiot seems to be the order of the day. Hopefully the fad will dissappear, but I guess that's just my own wishful thinking.
Probably the amount of Steve-O disciples will just increase, generating even more outrageous antics. I guess we'll have to wait for it to be shown on TV. There's something quite appealing about watching someone on the TV doing something stupid and getting injured. Afterall, these shows claim to have taken certains precautions in order to pull their stunts, so I really don't know what to believe when I happen to watch them. But when I see some 13-14-15 year old get seriously hurt trying to pull similar stunts in the park, streets or anywhere else, it's not really that funny. I just hear an inner voice that tells me: "Look! That's the future! And it's not looking good". Evolution going backwards, baby! The fact that in a lot of countries those reckless nitwits will end up joining the armed forces is utterly disturbing to me.

The whole "reality show" fad just shows me that the stupidest is yet to come... Maybe I'll be reading about that in someone's blog soon.