måndag, september 18, 2006

Raging entertainment

I always have some sort of combinations of "flavours of the month" when it comes to entertainment. Last week was the raging entertainment in the form of music and stand-up comedy, probably my favourite forms of art.

It's funny the effect those artists can have, especially when combined. I'm talking about comedians Lewis Black and the late and great Bill Hicks, both angry and sharp social satirists. It's funny that eventhough Hicks died in '94 and most of his material criticises the Gulf War and Bush Sr, it fits the current events almost perfectly. Twelve years in a row of republican totalitarism, as he likes to call it, create a fertile ground for criticism. Too bad Hicks is gone. It would have been interesting to get to know his views about Bush jr, but luckily there's Lewis Black filling that spot.

The cherry on top of this raging cocktail is of course none other than Rage Against The Machine. I rediscovered their first album, and the effect of their intensity is almost immediate, making me feel ready to go out and kick some corporate ass. Too bad the band isn't playing anymore. Current events really scream for their voice, but well... their debut album fits reality perfectly, as it did back in 1992.

I guess now it's time to calm down a little bit, before I become a rageaholic myself. Or maybe it's a matter of getting even more loaded. Anyway, even if I don't agree completely with these entertainers and I can't really relate to some of their material it's important to have voices like that to put some balance.

1 Comments:

Blogger analu said...

Fuck you I won't do what you tell me!!!

:music:

22/9/06  

Skicka en kommentar

<< Home